Refining my article.

I kept on experimenting with my article to find out what looked better for the whole format of the magazine article. After playing around with the pictures, I decided to use my advertisement image as the main picture, and have a separate image beside the text to show a smaller section of the cut out in more detail.

Version: 7 Final version

Version: 7
Final version

I wanted to include a more detailed image in the article, because some parts of the cut out may be harder to see for some by looking at the advertisement alone. By enlarging a smaller area with greater detail, the audience would be able to see the attention to detail that I put in for the image.

By including the advertisement poster as the main picture, it shows a good link between the article and the advertisements that I will be producing as mock ups also.

Version: 8 5% Yellow

Version: 8
5% Yellow

I wanted to make sure that my layout was as similar to the actual magazine as possible, so after doing a test print, I could see that the paper would need to have more yellow (5%) in to match the colour of the paper. Because the paper quality itself is coloured this, I will need to try and make it as similar to the colour as I can.

Tone: C 11% M 8% Y 11% K 0%

Tone:
C 11%
M 8%
Y 11%
K 0%

Tone-matching from magazine paper

Tone-matching from magazine paper

Version: 9 C 11% M 8% Y 11% K 0%

Version: 9
C 11%
M 8%
Y 11%
K 0%

I thought this looked too yellow, so I took the tone of the paper from a picture I took and got a more grey-like tone for it. What I intend to do is do a few test prints to see how each one looks, to try and get the tones as close to the real one as possible.

Capital 'words' similarity

Capital ‘words’ similarity

Capital 'words' similarity

Capital ‘words’ similarity

Drop cap similarity Paper needs a yellow tone

Drop cap similarity
Paper needs a yellow tone

I also made sure that I paid close attention to the details of the magazine to my article, such as making sure the first word began with capitals, which is what the magazine have also done throughout.

So far, I’m very happy with my result. To take it a little bit further however, I decided to try and colour match the article as close to the colour of the magazine paper itself. Here were my results:

C - 3 Y - 3 M - 7 K - 0

C – 3
Y – 3
M – 7
K – 0

C - 6 Y - 4 M - 11 K - 0

C – 6
Y – 4
M – 11
K – 0

C - 7 Y - 7 M - 11 K - 0 CLOSEST COLOUR MATCH

C – 7
Y – 7
M – 11
K – 0
CLOSEST COLOUR MATCH

C - 8 Y - 8 M - 11 K - 0

C – 8
Y – 8
M – 11
K – 0

C - 9 Y - 9 M - 10 K - 0

C – 9
Y – 9
M – 10
K – 0

By doing the test prints, I was able to experiment and make sure that my magazine article looked as similar as the magazine as I could get it. I was surprised that the third one appeared to be the closest colour match, because of the difference it had looked on screen in comparison to the difference it looked on print.

Final article embedded into the magazine

Final article embedded into the magazine

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s