I decided to work on one design layout using Indesign, and my first attempt I came out with this. I thought it would ben nice having a bigger image at the top, but immediately I realize that although it looked nice, the brief specifically want more than just one image, and adding more images on top of it just made it look cluttered.
I then thought more about my layout and looked back at my sketches. The design I was originally making was good, but I need to simplify it EVEN MORE. I decided to keep all the columns the same, and use the Futura font for this one. In the text, I enlarged a quote and wrote a rhetorical question to the public to engross them more into the article! The colour red I chose as a colour theme, because red was a popular colour used for women as it is quite a rich colour to use.
I thought also about symmetry, and thought it would be more appropriate to use more imagery than text, and have the text only lined out on the inside-edges of the pages of the double spread. Also, I have purposely left a gap for my font cover design to go again, because I noticed that a lot of the times in magazines they use the main image from the article.
After I have created my font cover, I will print off my double page spread to make sure that it looks okay printed, as printed outcomes look a lot different to screen outcomes.